Furukawa Rock Drill Co., Ltd. has developed the DCR L130-F5, a new series of down-the-hole drills for the U.S. and Europe, and began selling them in January 2023.
The "DCR L130-F5" (maximum drilling diameter: 165 mm dia.) uses a clean engine that complies with emission regulations (EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage V). The "Super Economy Mode PLUS" cutting-edge fuel-saving technology allows the operator to select the engine speed during drilling operations according to rock quality, reducing fuel consumption while maintaining drilling performance. In addition, a compressor with powerful flushing capability and a high-performance dust collector provide high drilling capacity and reduced cycle time. Furthermore, the conventional frame and boom shape have been revised to simplify transportation and maintenance operations. Furukawa Rock Drill Co., Ltd. will market this product as an environmentally friendly strategic machine for The U.S. and Europe.
- The environmentally friendly, clean engine complies with emission regulations (EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage V) and achieves the highest level of low emission components with significantly reduced PM (particle compounds) and NOx (nitrogen oxides) emissions.
- The iMS monitor screen allows selection of the engine speed during drilling from three levels (1600, 1800, and 2000 min-1), and by selecting the appropriate engine speed according to the rock quality, the "Super Economy Mode," the most advanced fuel-saving technology, contributes to improved fuel efficiency while maintaining drilling performance. In addition, a new system with "New Auto Throttle Control" has been added to further reduce fuel consumption.
- Equipped with a high-pressure, large-capacity air compressor with a standard discharge pressure of 2.5 MPa and a standard discharge volume of 24.3 m3/min (at engine speed of 1,800 min-1) and a maximum discharge pressure of 2.3 MPa and a maximum discharge volume of 27.0 m3/min (at engine speed of 2,000 min-1). The combination of a high-performance dust collector with a large air volume (75 m3/min) and a pre-cleaner as standard equipment provides excellent drilling performance. Powerful flushing and a high-performance dust collector significantly reduce residual cuttings and ensure shorter cycle time. The suction hood slides up and down, allowing the operator to check the collaring and to easily treat the mouth of the hole.
- Centralized display of machine operating and maintenance information on a 7-inch color LCD panel (iMS Monitor). When an abnormality is detected, it is shown on the display to shorten troubleshooting time.
- The cabin with spacious visibility in all directions is equipped with ROPS/FOPS specifications. Outside air induction air conditioners are standard equipment to maintain a comfortable indoor environment. Its airtightness allows for comfortable work under a variety of operating conditions. The suspension seat is soft and comfortable, and its abundant adjusting functions allow it to fit the operator's body shape just right. In addition, a finger control switch type traveling lever is adopted, enabling traveling operation in a natural working posture and reducing fatigue in work.
- A semi-automatic rod changer is equipped to continuously perform a series of complex operations from "addition" to "collection" of rods by simply pulling down one rod changer control lever in one direction. Speedy movements shorten the cycle time. In addition, the use of a rotary rack system that allows free selection of rods makes it possible to equalize rod life.
- By reviewing the conventional frame and boom shape, a transport attitude height of 3,500 mm was achieved without removing boom parts, which meets the Road Traffic Law. The maintenance posture of the guide shell is horizontal and its height above the ground is lowered, making maintenance of the guide shell easier than before.
||DOWMAX / ME350
Maximum torque: 4.2 kN-m
Maximum rotation speed:120min-1
C13B (EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage Ⅴ)
Rod length: 5000mm/6000mm
Rod diameter: 76,89,102mm
Number of Rod Storage
5000mm: 8 pcs+1 (Starter rod)
6000mm: 4 pcs+1 (Starter rod)